S-450 Clamshell Press
Automatic Release Offers Extra Resources for High Traffic Shops
- Close the lid and walk away. Set up another job, or grab a soda. With the HIX S-450 Auto Release Heat Transfer machine, you have worry-free operation. When the job is finished, the clamshell lid pops open and stops the heat transfer process – but the upper platen stays hot and set to your pre-set temperature. It’s ready to work when you are!
Hands-free opening saves time and effort, allowing the operator to apply more transfers in a shift with less effort than a traditional heat transfer press. Direct-To-Garment applications are also a large driving force in the success of the auto-open feature. This allows you the freedom of loading your printer while the last print is curing, eliminating any risk of scorching or compromising transfer quality due to overheating.
The HIX S-450 utilizes an exclusive electronically activated mechanical latch release mechanism with a gas shock assist to help enhance and support your operations. No compressor required. Free operation, reduce fatigue, and increase productivity – all with one press.
The easy-to-use open and close handle has spring assist and a full range pressure adjustment. It also provides even pressure on thicker items while adding 20% more pressure over straight handle designs.
Quality driven at every point, the HIX S-450 is built to be rugged and durable for years of reliable service. Every heat casting at HIX is manufactured in a permanent steel cavity mold using HIX-exclusive aluminum alloy for maximum heat transfer. The HIX S-450 has a 15″ x 15″ heat platen that can apply all types of transfers on items up to 1″ thick. The floating lower platen helps provide even pressure on thicker items, no matter were it’s applied. HIX presses provide completely even pressure from edge to edge, even at high temps.
The S-450 features a touch-screen controller with digital time that is adjustable up to 999 seconds. It shows a time countdown on readout, beeps after elapsed time, and resets when the handle is raised. The calibrated digital temperature control is adjustable up to 450°F (232°C) and displays the current temperature.
The S-450 sets the standard in the auto release heat press industry because of its ruggedness, quality construction, and years of trouble-free performance. If you’re looking for high production capabilities, this is the heat press you need!
The S-450 now comes with a free Splitter Stand (as pictured above), allowing for the operators to “dress” the shirt easily over the lower platen, keeping the back of the shirt positioned underneath the machine and away from the heat and compression.
This is handy when trying to avoid double-compression and heating of a previously applied transfer on the same shirt. In case of sublimation ink, it will also avoid all ink migration to the back side of the shirt.
The S-450 is ETL certified. It has a limited 1-year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the heating element.
- Easy integrated digital time and temperature settings – Touch-screen controller allows simple dialing in of time and temperature. From the touch-screen controller, preset selections of temperature-time combinations can be easily programmed into the machine.
- The current pressure is displayed on the touch-screen display each time the press closes. The pressure is easily changed by turning the silver knob at the top of the control housing (clockwise for more, counter-clockwise for less). There are nine settings on the display: 0-3 for light pressure, 4-6 for medium, and 7-9 for heavy pressure.
- Tilting (floating) lower platen – The bottom platen tilts up towards the upper platen as the heat press closes. This equalizes pressure, even when pressing thick items like a quarter-inch thick 8×10 ceramic tile.
- Top Pressure Plate – The handle attaches to a 4″x5″ pressure plate on the top platen instead of a single screw going into the top platen. This provides more even pressure on the outside edges of the press (think of it as pushing down with your entire hand, versus just your thumb).
- Certified electrically safe (ETL) – The “Electrical Testing Laboratory” seal means HIX presses have passed a rigid and demanding independent testing process, and have been certified electrically safe.
- 100% Made in the USA – HIX has its own 110,000 sq ft manufacturing facility with its very own fully integrated aluminum foundry, CNC mill operation, welding, metal forming, wiring, fabrication, assembly, and packaging departments.
- A one-year general warranty and lifetime warranty on the heater element.
- Dimensions: W 21” x H 23” x D 33”
Heat Platen Size: 15” x 15” (38 x 38 cm)
Weight Shipping: 84 lbs. (39 kg)
- HIX Pad Protector
HIX PTFE Sheets
HIX Shirt Splitter Stand
HIX 4-Way Specialty Replacement Platen
- S-450 & S-650 Manual
Name Address City State Zip Phone Website HIX Product Page Alpha Supply 138 Space Park South Nashville TN 37211 (800) 908-9916 email@example.com http://hixheatpress.com http://www.transferbusiness.com BestBlanks 1930 N.30th Rd Hollywood FL 33021 (888) 431-7385 http://bestblanks.com http://bestblanks.com/hixheatpress.html Extreme Imprint Inc. 2056 West Count Line Road Jackson NJ 08527 732 534 6222 firstname.lastname@example.org Performance Screen Supply 600 Park Ave., Suite 100 Manalapan NJ 07726 (800) 659-8337 email@example.com http://performancescreen.com http://performancescreen.com/ Texsource-Texas 6881 Ft. Worth Drive Argyle TX 67226 (877) 705 8855 firstname.lastname@example.org www.texsourcetexas.com/ http://www.screenprintingsupply.com/Heat-Presses_c_1239.html Heat Transfer Warehouse 1501 21st Ave N, Suite B. Fargo ND 58102 (888) 819-4421 email@example.com http://heattransferwarehouse.com http://heattransferwarehouse.com/hix-heat-presses-c-88.html Texsource-Texas 741 Cleveland Avenue Kings Mountain NC 28086 (888) 344-4657 firstname.lastname@example.org http://screenprintingsupply.com http://screenprintingsupply.com/Heat-Presses_c_1239.html Air Waves Inc. P O Box 330, 7787 Graphics Way Lewis Center OH 43035 (740) 548-1200 http://airwavesinc.com Art Brands 225 Business Center Dr Blacklick OH 43004 (614) 755-4278 email@example.com http://www.artbrands.com http://www.artbrands.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=09-S-650P Coastal Business Supplies 2444 Northline Industrial Dr Maryland Heights MO 63043 (800)562 7760 firstname.lastname@example.org http://coastalbusiness.com/ http://coastalbusiness.com/hixheatpress.aspx Graphic Horizon’s 809 S 11th St. Broken Arrow OK 74012 (800) 804-5531 email@example.com http://graphichorizonsinc.com http://graphichorizonsinc.com/Product_Pages/Hix/screen_printers_140702.htm Isaac’s Designs 203 Ansin Blvd Hallandale FL 33009 (866) 974-7222 firstname.lastname@example.org http://isaacsdesigns.com http://isaacsdesigns.com/index.php?cPath=302_334&osCsid=qtt7kfgcig5rouqss3m1n9lnb0/ JDS Industries 1800 E 57th Street N. Sioux Falls SD 57104 (800)
email@example.com http://jdsindustries.com http://php.jdsindustries.com/JDS_SITE/site1.php?D3ID=423&D2ID=&D1ID=2&D1DESC=Sublimation+Materials+%26amp%3B+Supplies&D2DESC=&D3DESC=Heat+Presses&SITE=SITE3&MENU2=MENU2 K&Y Inc 7379 Orangethorpe Ave #D Buena Park CA 90621 (714) 523-0344 HeatTransfer4u@gmail.com http://heattransfervinyl4u.com http://heattransfervinyl4u.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=44_56_59 Marco Awards PO Box 1143, 400 Governors Highway South Windsor CT 06074 (860)289-4689 http://discount-trophy.com McBee 6100 Skyline Suite J Houston TX 77057 (800) 622-3304 firstname.lastname@example.org http://mcbeesupply.com/mcbeeB_equip.html http://mcbeesupply.com/mcbeeB_hix.html McLogan Supply 2010 S Main Street Los Angeles CA 90007 (818) 718 0888 email@example.com http://mclogan.com/shop/about_us.php http://mclogan.com/shop/heat-presses-c-252.html/ Miami Tranfers & Foil 8603 NW 54th Street Doral FL 33166 (305) 597-5540 http://miamitransfersandfoil.com http://miamitransfers.com/xcart/home.php?cat=3 Paper Ranch 1111 S. Agnew Oklahoma City OK 73108 (877) 777-2624 firstname.lastname@example.org http://thepaperranch.net/shopcontent.asp?type=Vinyl_Cutting_Equipment http://thepaperranch.net/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=299&cat=Standard+Clamshell+Presses PKA 657 S. Gentry Lane Anaheim Hills CA 92807 (714) 279-0931 Sales@pkaassociates.com http://pkaassociates.com http://pkaassociates.com/product-category/hix-products Pro World 961 Bethel Ave. Pennsauken NJ 08110 (800) 678-8289 http://ProWorldInc.com http://proworldinc.com/heat-transfer-press/hix-heat-press-machine.html Reece Supply Dallas 3308 Royalty Row Irving TX 75062 (800) 776-744 email@example.com http://reecesupply.com/ http://reecesupply.com/?page_id=15 Reece Supply Louisiana 1012 Distributors Row Harahan LA 70123 (800) 776-0130 firstname.lastname@example.org http://reecesupply.com/ http://reecesupply.com/?page_id=15RPL RPL Supplies Inc. 141 Lanza Ave., #3A Garfield NJ 07026 (800) 524-0914 email@example.com http://rplsupplies.com http://rplsupplies.com/equipment/hixpress.php