Machine Design Engineer
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
Experience: 4+ years in machine design engineering for a manufacturing environment.
Engineering Disciplines: Mechanical (required); Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic (preferred)
Software fluency requirements: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Autodesk AutoCAD or other 3D software modeling experience (required); Inventor (preferred).
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Design / engineer machines, products & processes for the corporation’s screen printing, industrial ovens, food equipment and any other company product line needs.
• Upgrade / modify / expand existing designs to improve reliability or functionality cost effectively.
• The ability (with approval by the engineering manager) to make engineering and engineering system changes and to document all engineering changes made on existing designs on the “Engineering Change Request” form. This information to be forwarded to the Project engineer for implementation into the BOM’s, routings, cut sheets, shop drawings or other pertinent criteria / documentation need for production.
• Direct and instruct the Project Engineer to generate or amend production drawings as required through use of models, dimensioned drawings etc.
• Direct and assist the Product Development Specialist and any other operating personnel (use as authorized by the Production Supervisor) in the making of prototype parts / assemblies.
• Interface directly with Production Supervisor & production personnel to assess, modify and enhance products / process needs or changes.
• Direct and train production personnel on new product assembly methods as required.
• Report to and work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, advising on product(s) construction and progress on a daily basis.
• Be able to perform basic engineering functions and calculations in relation to stress factors on materials, load factors etc. to determine the proper size / strength of materials needed for an application.